HCG Diet: Swedish-Style Chicken Meatballs
The delightful aroma and flavor of baking spices highlights this take on a classic meatball dish that’s great served with steamed spinach or chard.
- 7 oz (200 g) ground chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 breadstick, crushed into crumbs
- Dash each ground nutmeg and allspice
- 2/3 cup Basic Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 4 drops Capella Raspberry flavor drops
- 8 drops plain Stevia
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1. In a medium bowl combine the ground chicken, salt, pepper, breadstick crumbs, nutmeg and allspice. Mix well with your hands and shape into meatballs the size of walnuts.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and lightly brown the meatballs, adding a little broth to prevent sticking if necessary. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl, except for the parsley, and pour into the skillet. Stir to coat, reduce the heat to low, and cook covered until the meatballs are cooked through and nicely glazed in the sauce.
3. Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle with the parsley, and serve immediately.
Makes two servings (150 calories, 1 protein, 1/2 breadstick, 1 milk)